Are you tired of YouTube recommending content in your subscription feed that you don’t want to watch? Now you can do something about it by permanently blocking videos and channels on the YouTube homepage.
View the image below from the YouTube app which says I can block the channel and YouTube won’t recommend this channel again. If you make a mistake, you can just tap undo.
Here’s how to block videos and channels that are being recommended to you on the YouTube app.
- Tap the YouTube app.
- Select the video and channel that you don’t want to see recommended anymore on the home screen.
- Tap the three dots.
- Tap don’t recommend channel, so YT won’t recommend videos from this channel to you again.
If you just want to remove the video…
- tap the three dots
- tap not interested. It says, “Video removed. Tell us why.”
- Tap tell us why, I’ve already watched the video, I don’t like the video.
- Tap I don’t like the video, and the video is gone.
If you want to block the whole channel that’s being recommended to you by YouTube…
- just tap the three dots,
- tap don’t recommend channel. It says, “We won’t recommend videos from this channel to you again.”
- If you made a mistake, just tap undo. That’s it.
Here’s how to block videos and channels that are being recommended to you from your desktop.
- If you want to move recommended videos from your home screen that you no longer want to watch, just click the three dots
- Click not interested. It says, “Video removed. Undo. Tell us why.”
- Click tell us why, so I’ve already watched the video, I don’t like the video, I’m not interested in this channel.
- If you just want to remove the video, you can say, “I don’t like the video”.
- If you want to remove the whole channel, you can choose I’m not interested in this channel.
- If you want to remove the recommended videos from a whole topic, just tap the X, it says, “Not interested,” and it will say, “Got it. We’ll tune your recommendations.“
If you want to remove a recommended channel…
– Tap the X, it says, “Not interested.” It says, “Got it. We’ll tune your recommendations.”
What if you want to see the videos that you’ve watched in the past or the videos that you may want to watch in the future?
The history link will show you the videos that you’ve watched in the past. You may want to clear all your watch history.
- Click history.
- Click clear all watch history. It says, “YouTube watch will be cleared from all YouTube apps on all devices. Your video recommendations will be reset.”
You can also pause watch history.
This will make it harder to find videos you’ve watched, and you may see fewer recommendations for new videos across Google. If you check search history, and clear all search history. It means all YouTube search history will be cleared from all YouTube apps on all devices. Your video recommendations will be reset, but may still be influenced by activity on our Google products.
You can also pause search history.
This means that future searches will not appear in your search history and will not be used to provide improved recommendations. Just keep in mind that pausing the setting doesn’t delete any previous activity.
How do you hide videos that may contain inappropriate content?
For example, if your kids are using your computer to do their homework, you may want to hide inappropriate content.
- Login to your YouTube channel.
- Click customize channel.
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- Click restrictive mode off. It says, “Restricted mode hides videos that may contain inappropriate content flagged by users and other signals. No filter is 100% accurate, but it should help you avoid most inappropriate content. Your Restricted mode setting will apply to this browser only.” It says, “Lock Restricted mode on this browser. Restricted mode lock prevents others from changing restrictive mode settings from this browser.”
Let’s talk about managing the comments on your channel.
Perhaps you want to disable all comments on your channel. Perhaps you want to hold potentially inappropriate comments. Perhaps you want to hold all comments for review.
- Login to your YouTube channel.
- Click YouTube studio beta.
- Click settings.
- Click community.
- Click defaults.
- If you want to disable all comments, just check the box, click save.
- If you want to hold potentially inappropriate comments for review, just check that box, click save.
If you want to block users comments and live chat messages…
– Click automated filters.
– Scroll down to hidden users.
Comments and live chat messages from these users won’t show up. It may take several days to remove existing comments and live chat messages. I can just paste the channel URL of a user to add as a hidden user.
I can also block or blacklist certain words.
Comments closely matching these words will be held for review. Live chats matching these words will be blocked. I can also block links. This means new comments with hashtags and URLs will be held for review. Live chat messages and URLs will be blocked. This setting doesn’t apply to you, moderators, or approved users. After you’ve made the changes, just click save.
Now you know all the ways that you can block content on YouTube in 2019, 2020, and beyond.
Let me ask you a question…
Do you want to get more subscribers to your YouTube videos? If that’s a yes,on 10 strategies on how to get more subscribers from YouTube videos.
Do you want to learn nine more strategies to get more subscribers to your YouTube videos? If that’s a yes,