Do you often get distracted by ads that play before a YouTube video?
In the video below, you’ll discover how to disable ads, so they won’t appear on YouTube videos and annoy your viewers. You’ll also learn how to block ads on other people’s videos from your desktop or mobile phone.
Here’s how to disable or turn off ads on a YouTube channel or on individual videos from your desktop computer.
- Sign in to your channel,
- Click on the profile icon
- Click on YouTube Studio Beta or go to studio.youtube.com.
- Select individual videos where you want to turn off monetization.
For example, you can see the green dollar sign next to a video, it means monetization has been turned on. If I click the drop-down, I can select off and then click save. If you want to turn it on, just click the drop-down again, select on, then click save. You can turn off monetization for any individual video and ads won’t appear on that video.
Why would you want to disable YouTube ads?
1. You don’t want to annoy your viewers.
Especially when you’ve got a small channel, you want to concentrate on getting more viewers and subscribers in a short time. You don’t want to turn off first-time viewers.
2. You’re not going to make much money with AdSense ads when you’ve got a small channel.
Keep in mind, you can only monetize YouTube videos when you meet the requirements of the YouTube Partner Program of 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours in the past 12 months.
3. You might want to disable ads on business videos.
These are videos where you might sell something or you want to generate leads. Instead of distracting potential buyers, you can disable ads for that particular video.
What if I want to turn off monetization for my whole channel?
– Click monetization.
– Under video advertising, click see more. As you can see, I’ve got monetization enabled for my channel. If I want to disable that, under review or change, click on “monetization for future videos. “
– Uncheck the box that says “monetize with ads” and click save.
Now future videos won’t have ads displayed on them because you’ve turned off monetization.
Let me ask you a question, does watching an ad before the video starts playing distract you from the content?
Post your answer in the comments below. I’d love to read them and I’m sure others would, too.
What if you want to disable ads of all videos on the page?
– Check the box next to actions
– Click the actions drop-down box
– Click more actions, click monetization
– Check the box that says “do not monetize,”
– Click submit.
Now all 30 videos on that page will have ads disabled.
Here’s how to disable or turn off ads on the YouTube Studio App.
– Install the YouTube Studio app from the App Store.
– After it’s installed, tap the YouTube Studio app. Now you’re at the dashboard showing your most recent videos.
– Tap the icon at the top-left.
– Tap videos.
– Tap the video that you want to disable ads on.
– Tap the pencil icon
– Tap the dollar icon.
– Next to monetize with ads, move the slider to the left by tapping on it. Now you can see that the slider has moved to the left.
– Tap save…saving changes. Edits have been saved.
– Check the video.
Now you can see that the ads have been disabled for that video because the dollar sign has faded out, whereas, the other videos have the green dollar sign, which means that they’re still monetized(show ads).
How do you disable, turn off, or block the ads that appear on other people’s videos?
Adblock is a free chrome extension that blocks YouTube video ads and ads on websites. You can get it by going to getadblock.com. It’s the number one most downloaded extension for Google Chrome and Safari, and it works automatically in the background. All you do is click get adblock now. This will take you to the Chrome Webstore and you just click add to Chrome. It’ll be added to your extensions on Chrome. It’s also available for iPhone, Safari, and Opera so you can install it on your iPhone.
YouTube premium is a monthly subscription service offered by YouTube that allows you to watch other people’s videos ad-free. You can enjoy watching ad-free videos on YouTube whenever you sign in, on your mobile device, desktop, or enabled TV. You can even save YouTube videos for when you’re low on data or can’t get online such as when you’re on the airplane. Your video can play uninterrupted in the background even when you open another app. You can get a one-month free trial for $11.99 per month or save money with a family or student plan.
Here’s some important things to keep in mind.
- Ads support creators.
When you disable or block ads on other people’s channels, that means that creator can’t generate revenue from their channel. If you want to support other creators, you might consider not disabling or blocking other people’s ads. It’s also easy to just skip the ad before a video starts playing.
- Subscribe to YouTube premium.
If you’re subscribed to YouTube premium, then you won’t see any ads being on other people’s videos.
- Share revenue. Sometimes even if you disable the ads on YouTube video, the ads still appear.
Why is this?
Perhaps you’re using some copyright music from that artist in your video, so you’re sharing the revenue with them. In this case, the generating revenue from some of the ads that are appearing on the video.
The BIG question that might be on your mind is, how can I generate revenue without Adsense ads?
No worries, just watch my next video on 7 ways to make money from YouTube videos without Adsense ads.
Do you want a grow your YouTube Channel this year so you can attract more views and subscribers? If so, pick up a copy of my 100+ page YouTube Marketing Guide at